Head of Maintenance Department (FT)
An ideal position if you are looking for a position in which, you are responsible for coordinating the work and also implement it. You bear the technical responsibility for the Element by Westin Amsterdam Hotel and the Papa's Houses, located in Amsterdam and Hoofddorp. Four and a half days a week you will be at our location in Amsterdam and half a day at our location in Hoofddorp.
Element Amsterdam Hotel
Element Amsterdam Hotel is part of Marriott International. The brand focuses on both business and leisure guests with a stay of one day to several months. The lifestyle hotel has 160 modern design rooms, several meeting rooms and an extensive roof terrace; all inspired by nature and smart design.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Organizing, delegating and monitoring all activities within the Maintenance Department.
- Coaching and guiding the employees.
- Planning and executing of technical and facility activities.
- You are partly 'on the floor', i.e. leading by example.
- Responsible for compliance with technical laws and regulations.
- Responsible for periodic maintenance.
- Ensure that you and your employees are aware of the applicable standards, you are responsible that all employees comply to this.
- Compliance with all safety aspects of the hotel and Papa's Beach House, including instructions and short training courses to other departments regarding (fire)safety.
- Purchase and management of materials and maintenance products.
- Resolve any issues with the suppliers.
- Report and solve malfunctions.
- Check that all machines/equipment work properly.
- Make sure everything is administratively in order.
- Thinking along about proposals for improvements to the building and installations.
- General management tasks and implementation of staff policy.
- Coordinating emergency services.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum MBO work and think level.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a technical environment.
- Work experience at an international hotel chain is an advantage.
- ICT skills.
- You can speak English & Dutch
- You are willing to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends (including breakdown services, with an extra fee).
- You live around Amsterdam.
- You have the ability to improvisate
- You are stress resistant
- You have attention for detail
- You are reliable
- You have a sense of responsibility
- You have a positive attitude
- You have natural preponderance
What's in it for you?
- Good salary
- You are eligible for a bonus scheme
- Travel allowance (from 7.5 kilometers one way)
- Access to Marriott International training opportunities
- Discount on overnight stays and F&B at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Employee discount within the Clay Hospitality facilities
- Group discount with health insurance
- Discount on a subscription at various gyms
- Pension scheme via PH&C
Element Amsterdam Hotel is part of Clay Hospitality, a hospitality & lifestyle brand focused on developing and managing brands that inspire you to enjoy life in a sustainable way. By gathering a great team of likeminded souls who share the same values, dreams, and passion we aim to provide unique experiences for our guests. We take tremendous pride in providing great atmospheres and good vibes. Join our adventure!